Saturday 4 February 2012

Stationers Court

31.01.12

And so to my first Master and Clerk dinner, except it was just Master as Adele was unwell. It was the Court Dinner of the Worshipful Company of Stationers and Newspaper Makers and was held at Stationers Hall, a venue we know well and the home of our Treasures.  On entering the courtyard the view of the illuminated smaller hall was most welcoming. Having been warmly greeted by Master Stationer Nigel Stapleton I was delighted to find my self hosted in the reception by our own Immediate Past Masters brother in law who is a Court Assistant with the Stationers. On being seated I then discovered that there were more familiar faces with Jonathon Soar, the Master of the IT Company, my other Livery Company, on my table and to my left Ian Bennett (Stationer)with whom I am organising the joint Livery with IT, an event entitled "The Olympics: the real thing or fools gold?" on the 18th June at Stationers. Look out for the flyer.

To my delight I found that on my right was Archdeacon Cannon David Meara who, in addition to ours, is also the Honorary Chaplain to the Stationers, so an excellent and appropriate grace. Beyond him was Nigel Bamping, Clerk to the Plaisterers, the new home of our office. As conversation progressed we discovered a common thread, it was, of all things, Pinner and Ruislip - we had each either lived or worked there in the past so there were several trips down memory lane.

At the end of the evening the Stirrup Cup allowed us the time to briefly catch up with those we had missed and I left Stationers looking forward to more of these most excellent evenings through out the year.

John Flynn
Master Marketor

No comments:

Post a Comment