Thursday 28 November 2013

Talk to Canada - UK Chamber of Commerce Thursday 28th November

Over eighty members of the very active Canada-United Kingdom Chamber of Commerce were present at the very impressive Canada House on Trafalgar Square for a networking reception at which I was guest speaker. Despite the continued noise from those singing and celebrating in Trafalgar Square permeating the substantial walls, the location of Canada House reflects the strong colonial links with the UK, the national flag with the Maple Leaf flag fluttering directly opposite the South Africa High Commission on the opposite side of the square.  Having been entertained several times at the SA High Commission this was my first visit to Canada House. Nigel Bacon, the Chamber's Executive Director, knew me from my work at the Industry and Parliament Trust and, on hearing from Roz that I was now Master of a Livery Company, he had asked her to request me to speak. It was a pleasure to speak to such a large and diverse audience and it was good to be welcomed by Brian Parrott, Senior Trade Commissioner at the Canadian High Commission.

It was one of the most active networking evenings I've attended and I distributed every business card in my possession.  In the end my cold got the better of me and I said my goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment